Razorback Foundation Careers
The Razorback Foundation, Inc. (“Foundation”), an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, raises private gift support in furtherance of the educational and athletic endeavors of the University of Arkansas Athletic Department. Through the generosity of our members and benefactors, the Foundation provides financial support for scholarships, facilities, and various programs of the Athletic Department that enable Razorback student-athletes to receive an outstanding college education while participating in athletics on a nationally competitive level in the nation’s premier athletic conference.
Assistant Director of Development
March 7, 2018
The Assistant Director of Development (ADOD) will be a vital member of the Razorback Foundation team and share significant responsibilities for the advancement of the Foundation’s annual fund, major giving development efforts, planned gifts, and various programmatic responsibilities. A central focus of this position will center on the management, growth, and retention of the Collegiate Membership and Young Alumni Programs. Among other assigned duties, the position will be responsible in helping design, implement, and carry out fundraising initiatives for the Foundation, including establishing and developing personal and corporate relationships, cultivating and stewarding current members, developing strategic initiatives to increase member engagement and giving as well as assisting with major gift fundraising efforts and special events in assigned territories. This position will report directly to the Executive Director of the Foundation or his/her designee.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Responsible for helping formulate, develop, and implement programs and operational plans to achieve the Foundation’s mission of raising private gift support for the University of Arkansas Athletic Department with a focus on an assigned territory as well as assist in developing and implementing the Foundation’s strategic plan.
- Responsible for helping build the Foundation’s image, impact, and presence in an assigned territory by establishing sound working relationships and collaborative arrangements with current and prospective donors, community groups, funding organizations and other entities by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 100 annual fund and major gift donors, including cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding current donors, and conduct a minimum of 15 in person visits each month, including ten (10) with existing Razorback Foundation members and five (5) prospective Razorback Foundation members or donors (based on prospects developed by the ADOD or through recommendations from the Executive Director and/or Foundation staff), actively building a pipeline of prospective donors, providing excellent member service, as well as maintaining a culture of NCAA and SEC rules compliance and contributing to the overall success of the Foundation and Razorback Athletics.
- Manage and provide oversight for all facets of the Razorback Foundation’s Collegiate Membership and Young Alumni programs, including but
not limited to:
- Oversee the Collegiate Membership Board, including the annual solicitation and selection of new Board Members, and manage all Board Members and Committee Members;
- Serve as liaison and coordinate the Razorback Foundation’s Young Alumni Program with the Arkansas Alumni Association’s Young Alumni Program;
- Develop programs and activities that serve and engage students and young/recent alumni with the purpose of increasing membership;
- Oversee annual on-campus recruiting events for new Collegiate Members, including, but not limited to, representing the Razorback Foundation at New Student Orientation sessions;
- Assist with the development, coordination, execution and follow-up for Collegiate Membership and Young Alumni events;
- Responsible for assisting with budget preparation for the Collegiate Membership and Young Alumni programs and subsequently managing expenses to comply with the approved budget; and
- Responsible for the retention, growth and marketing of the Collegiate and Young Alumni Membership Programs.
- Responsible for communicating and advising the Executive Director and other Razorback Foundation staff members regarding donor discovery (prospects), cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation, including, for example, preparing prospect and donor visit and solicitation notes using the Foundation’s donor and prospect management software systems.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting one to two major gift proposals per month to donors and prospective donors in coordination with Foundation staff and attending at a minimum one marketing or civic event per month and one business-related event per month.
- Responsible for embracing all demographics of Arkansas Razorback fans and developing meaningful relationships with an authentic ability to relate to current and prospective Foundation members, including arranging visits with prospective donors with the Executive Director and the Athletic Director.
- Assist with marketing and communications for the Razorback Foundation, including all donor communication channels.
- Assist in the coordination of donor parking priority and donor ticket priority.
- Maintain strong social media presence on various social media platforms to enhance and develop the Young Alumni and Collegiate Membership programs among other digital media and marketing initiatives.
- Oversee the Razorback Foundation annual Call Center Program.
- Assist in the execution of all game day fundraising activities, including any pre-game and/or postseason events.
- Serve as a liaison to an assigned sport as well as liaison to assigned Razorback Club(s).
- Other duties as assigned including attending home and away athletic events that may occur during nights, weekends or occasional holidays.
Required and Preferred Professional Qualifications
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred;
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience in athletic fundraising, educational fundraising, or other relevant fundraising as well as program management experience;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build productive, beneficial relationships with a broad range of constituents;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, assess and order priorities, and track details in a fast-paced environment;
- High level of motivation, assertiveness, and ability to work independently;
- Must work well with other Foundation team members and be member service oriented and work normal and/or non-traditional hours as needed;
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills and the experience and ability to be an outgoing spokesperson, relationship builder, and fundraiser;
- Knowledge and understanding of priority point systems and concepts and their application as it relates to seating for donors and ticket holders at athletics events;
- Knowledge of Paciolan Ticketing Software and Advantage Donor Software; and
- Working knowledge of NCAA and SEC rules and regulations.
How to Apply
Email your resume, including references, to HR@razorbackfoundation.com